Top it Off: Drink Recipes for your 2021 Holiday Season
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite holiday cocktails & mocktails for you to mix up in the comfort of your own kitchens. Perfect for toasting friends when you’re hosting. We hope you savor every delicious moment of the season this year!
Our friend Teri Turner of No Crumbs Left dubbed this fruity concoction the Teri-Tini in celebration of her birthday, but we think it’s the perfect cheersing beverage for any holiday event. To make this a mocktail, skip the vodka and add an extra 2 ounces of Spindrift per drink.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Mintues
Yields: 2 Drinks
- 6-8 ounces Cranberry Raspberry Spindrift
- 4 ounces Vodka (Teri used Tito’s)
- 4 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup (recipe below, or use store-bought)
- Ice (for chilling)
- Grapefruit juice ice (for serving; recipe below)
- Raspberry for garnish (optional)
- Mint for garnish (optional)
- Sugar for the rim (optional)
For the grapefruit ice:
2 cups fresh grapefruit juice
For the simple syrup:
½ cup water
½ cup sugar (you can use any sugar or Monkfruit; Teri used cane sugar)
Make the grapefruit ice:
Pour the grapefruit juice into ice molds and freeze for at least 5 hours.
Make the simple syrup:
Combine equal parts water and sugar (Teri used ½ cup of each) in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir continually until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Mix it Up:
Combine the vodka, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and simple syrup in a shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously until the shaker feels cold to the touch. If you don’t have a shaker, combine the ingredients in a large cup filled with ice and stir.
If you would like a sugar rim, rub a lime or grapefruit wedge around the edge of your martini glasses. Dip the glasses into a small plate of sugar.
Add 2-3 grapefruit ice cubes to your martini glasses. Strain your shaken or stirred ingredients evenly divided into each glass.
Top the drinks with approximately 3-4 ounces Cranberry Raspberry Spindrift.
Add mint, raspberries, and/or grapefruit peel for garnish and serve.
Monique’s Naughty & Nice Holiday Punch
Were you naughty or nice this year? Another one of our friends, Monique of Ambitious Kitchen developed a fun and festive cocktail for you to celebrate with all month long – featuring Spindrift Spiked! And the best part? It doesn’t matter which side of the list you fall on.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Yields: 2 Drinks
- 6 cups cranberry juice or pomegranate cranberry juice (not cranberry juice cocktail), chilled
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle Prosecco, chilled
- 3/4 cup vodka, chilled
- 3 (12 oz) cans Spindrift Spiked (Monique used Spindrift Spiked Seltzer pineapple flavor) chilled*
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1-2 oranges, thinly sliced
- 1-2 limes, to coat the rim
- Granulated sugar for coating rim
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, for serving
Head on over to Ambitious Kitchen to view the full recipe!
Sparkling Blood Orange Thyme Spritz
In a merry and bright mood? Us too. This cocktail may just have found its way to the top of our holiday wish list and is inspired by Maryanne Cabrera. Whether you keep this one to yourself or plan to share at your next holiday gathering – it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 7 Minutes
Yields: 2 Drinks
- 2 oz. gin
- 1 oz. St. Germain
- 1 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 8 oz. Spindrift Lime, chilled
- 4 oz. fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- fresh thyme, for garnish
- blood orange slice, for garnish
Fill a large cocktail glass with ice.
Add gin, St. Germain, lime juice, and Spindrift Lime.
Slowly pour in the blood orange juice and give it a stir.
Garnish with fresh thyme and blood orange slices. Cheers!
“This lemon Spindrift isn’t horrible.”
— Briana D.
Get really real with us @drinkspindrift